So the try me this week? Try reupholstering something. In the past I mentioned following tutorials and making carseat canopies and piddle pads. Well, this time I took it a step further. I found the same kind of carseat that my sister-in-law owned (for free) on KSL. It was expired, but it didn't matter because all I needed was the padding. Using the instructions I found on this amazing blog, I took apart the fabric and used it to make my own pattern for a new cover. I got some really cute fabric at Mormon Handicraft. The middle part looks like this and the edges look like this. I'll add the real shots tomorrow.
|This is what the carseat looked like originally. Sage with Winnie the Pooh.|
|This is what it looked like when I seam ripped the whole thing apart.|
|This is what the canopy looked like all seam ripped.|
Look forward to the completed pictures tomorrow...
And here they are.
|This is a picture showcasing the redone canopy.|
|Here is the whole seat redone. It took a whole day of sewing, but it was totally worth it.|