Easter

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hand-to-hand Combat

Our professor told us that he rarely gives out 100/100 on this test...but that we would have gotten one, if not for one little thing: my partner accidentally elbowed me in the chin at one point, which made my mouth/teeth/lips into a bloody mess by the end. So he had to take off two points, since "those are the rules." At least it was realistic though, right??

PS Don't worry - - you can't see any blood on the video. And I'm perfectly fine now, promise. Just love being a Theatre Ed major and taking fun classes like Stage Combat...I know you're jealous. (;

PSS - The fun thing about stage combat (and learning how to do it correctly) is that no one gets hurt...even if we do make contact on some of the punches/kicks/etc. That's what makes it so fun to watch - it may look realistic, but no one ever actually gets hurt (at least not intentionally!). Also, the commentary you hear is from my professor and TA... enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! that first punch was ridic. the rest was pretty awesome too. glad you're having so much fun in your class!

    ReplyDelete