Easter

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Change up your Style

Ask my husband, ask my friends, heck, even ask my parents, I am the least style forward person there ever was. When it comes to fashion my idea of the perfect outfit does not include the latest clutch or bangle, simply jeans, a soft cotton shirt, and a warm zip-up sweatshirt with a fuzzy lining. When I wake up in the morning, the last thing I want to do is blow dry my hair, style it, and apply some makeup only to be frustrated that the outcome looks nothing the way I wanted it to when I could have been reading blogs instead.

This is my style... only way more stylish.

Well, in preparation for Thanksgiving with my in-laws this week, I decided I needed to change it up a little bit. Buy some nice new clothes that are not hand-me-downs since most of my closet is full of those. Also, attempt to wear makeup and style my hair each day. Crazy, right?

Out I went, shopping for the latest and greatest trends. I tried on tons of shirts, 15 pairs of pants, and even a few scarves. Now, this is where you ask me, what did I bring home from the stores? Hm... a pair of jeans from Plato's Closet (used clothing store... hand-me-down), a pair of black slacks for work, three long sleeve cotton shirts, and one really fashionable sweater in the ever so popular color of gray.

Did I have success in changing up my style this week? I think that would be an epic NO. But you know what, that's totally ok with me. I am comfortable in my clothes.

So... if I'm going to ask you to try something... it has to be something new I did. Well, part of my goal for the week was styling my hair every day. I am pretty sure I can be successful in this one. After seeing Megamind in the theaters, I decided I needed a fresh hairstyle too. I was totally inspired by Roxanne Ritchi's pixie cut and confident swagger, so I went for short.

Roxanne's adorable hair.
Source

And here it is, my shorter than my husband's hair haircut! It's only shorter in the back by a tiny bit.

Not nearly a pixie, but an A line that is shaved in the back.

Front view, I look a little crazy because I woke up to blog at 6:30 am. I have to work all day and then pack for California tonight.


So... whether it be branching out and buying a cute new blouse that you normally wouldn't, trying a big purse with a zipper flower on the front, or chopping off all of your hair.... try to change up your style a bit. Step out of your comfort zone and try it. Who knows, maybe you really have a fashion diva on the inside waiting to come out just like Andrea on Devil Wears Prada.

3 comments:

  1. haha you are a TOTAL fashion diva. LOVE it. and your haircut is the cutest!!! I love it you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the haircut! and the post (: so true!

    ReplyDelete