decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving!!!
I know there are hardcore traditionalists out there who will tell me that you have to have Thanksgiving before you have Christmas. No music, lights, or trees until after you eat the turkey. Heck, I was one of those up until this year. Here's a few things that changed my mind.
1. I work in retail where we were putting up our Christmas displays the day before Halloween. I get jealous that my store can be decorated, but my house can't be.
2. It's snowing and the snow is sticking already. So... it looks like Christmas.
3. My family is going to California for the week of Thanksgiving (to be with the in-laws), Las Vegas the first weekend in December (baptism for my nephew), and Michigan for the week of Christmas (to be with my parents). We would miss all but one pre-Christmas weekend which means no relaxing enjoyment of the decor.
4. It's my house and I can decorate it whenever I like.
5. I got a couple of really beautiful nativities for Christmas last year and really wanted a chance to display them.
So... for your viewing pleasure, the starts of my holiday decorating.